Rope jumping is an undervalued exercise, many view it as a child’s game. However, it is one of the most efficient forms of cardio exercises. There are scientifically proven benefits of jump rope that you should know. This article discusses all you should know about rope jumping. It mentions the benefits of rope jumping, why you need a corde a sauter and what to look out for when buying one. Before jumping into the mix, you should know how to jump rope.
How to Jump Rope
If you are a newbie at rope jumping and cannot jump a rope, you are safe hands. Here are simple steps to guide you.
- Have a firm grip on the handles with your fingers, not your palms. Gently move your hands forward, so the rope passes overhead.
- You jump slowly over the rope as it passes beneath your toes. It is all about timing.
- Repeat the procedure.
Health Benefits of Rope Jumping
Rope jumping is a cardio exercise that has a lot of health benefits. Here are a few:
- It develops your heart: Using a jump rope increases the intensity of your heart rate to a higher level, thus strengthening your heart and depressing the danger of a heart disease or stroke. For those who are already at risk of cardiovascular diseases, rope jumping reduces the risk factors.
- It reduces belly fat: Rope jumping is one of the fastest way to burn belly fat. In fifteen (15) minutes it burns 200 to 300 calories.
- It strengthens bones: Rope jumping strengthens the bones. It also diminishes the threat of having weak bones later in life.
- It elevates your mental health: While rope jumping, your body releases endorphins, a hormone that relieves depression.
More Reasons to consider getting a Jump Rope
There are several other reasons to consider to get a jump rope.
- Rope Jumping is a workout for the entire body. It stabilizes your legs, shoulders and arms.
- Rope jumping is less stress compared to running. It may even be more efficient.
- After getting your jump rope, rope jumping is at no extra cost. The jump ropes are inexpensive for the value they give.
- Rope jumping enhances coordination and ability to focus. It gets different parts of your body to communicate. Such coordination and balance will definitely help you in your daily life.
- You do not have to be a professional to use a jump rope.
- It is a way to stay fit and healthy while having fun.
Tips on Buying A Jump Rope
- Length: Whichever jump rope you buy should be three (3) feet taller than you. Without the handles, the rope should be right under your armpit, while standing on the middle of the rope.
- Durability: If your workout space has a concrete floor, then you have to seek a durable jump rope.
- Weight: How heavy is the jump rope? Is it something you can lift continuously with no stress? If you get a weighty jump rope, rope jumping might become a burden to you.
Simply put, rope jumping builds stamina, achieves weight loss, protects your heart. It takes care of your health. As you stand to remain healthy and have fun by rope jumping exercise, why not get one today?